I’ll admit, there is a lot about success I do not know. But there are some things that I fully believe ... I know success is achieved through hard work, selflessness, opportunities and grit. And I know that no one becomes a success without help from others. But that is just the tip of the iceberg. In truth, its depth means different things to everyone.
To me success continues to evolve in my mind as I reach for it; but I try to keep it simple. For as long as I can remember I carry with me advice from quotes of great men and women. I’m not one for quick fixes or easy answers, but these speak to me. I keep the list short and sweet, never more than seven but always changing. I want to remember each of them daily.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Stop Dreaming, Start Doing.
- There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
- Behind every successful man there’s a lot of unsuccessful years.
- I can. I will. End of Story.
- You create your own opportunities.
- Keep calm and dream big.
Now, time to get back to work.